According to Infiniti Research, the global data center market is expected to grow 18% annually to over $270 billion through 2024. With this exponential growth comes the need to find the perfect site and deploy capacity quickly.
Here are 5 things to know when choosing a data center location:
- Know Your Surroundings. Physical resilience is important, but so is disaster response.
- Know the Grid. Understand local power utilities, their capabilities and capacity to provide for redundancy and protection.
- Know the Network. Network latency is bad for business as customers grow increasingly intolerant of slow response times.
- Know the Stakeholders. Local stakeholders and community members can be the data center operator’s most important ally.
- Expect the Unexpected. Vet a location for seismic activity and vulnerability to natural disasters, unforeseen circumstances can still derail a project.
Download the white paper to learn more.